Gareth ‘ Cooch ’ Chilcott’s hilariously funny rugby anecdotes have been enjoyed at sporting and company dinners all around the world. A natural entertainer (he even does pantomines !), the former Bath, England and British Lions player has always been recognised as one of the game’s true characters.
When in full attack, his famed headband and trademark moustache, coupled with his fearsome visage were never calculated to put his opponents at ease. Always giving 110 %, he gained respect both in this country and abroad and now gains the same respect for his after dinner presentations!
- * Over 400 1st Team Appearances forBath RFC * 5 League Winners Medals *
- * 7 Cup Winners Medals *South & SouthWestCountyHonours *
- * 22EnglandInternational Caps ( 1984 – 1990) * British Lions 1989 (Australia)*
Television / Radio Commentary:
- * ITV SportRugbyWorld Cup (1991 & 1995) *
- * GMTV – Guest Appearances andRugbyPundit (1994 – 95) *
- * ITV Sport Five Nations Coverage (1997 – 98)*
- * HTV – Sports Presenter, Local Sport (1991 – 2000)*
- * Radio Five Live! -EnglandtoSouth Africa- 2000
- Plus various commentating for both TV and Radio throughout rugby seasons
Television Appearances Include:
- * Big Breakfast * Through the Keyhole * They Think its all over * You Bet *
- * The Generation Game * Casualty * Call my Bluff * Run with the Ball *
- * Various interviews * Good Health Guide * Chilcott’s World Cup (1995 / 1999) *
- *Theatre work includes Up ‘n’ Under (1999 – Bristol Old Vic)*
- *Starred in Pantomine – Sleeping Beauty (1995/96 – Theatre Royal,Bath) *
- * Cinderella (1993/94 – Mayflower, Southampton) *
- * Cinderella (1992/93 – Theatre Royal,Bath) *
- * Author of two books – ‘Cooch’ – Mr Chilcott to you!
- and Gareth Chilcott’s Funny Stories *