Ed Byrne is unrivalled as an observational stand up.. He has played in major comedy venues across the UK. He has also played at the Gaiety, Olympia, Ambassador and Vicar St. theatres in Dublin. His UK tours are always hugely popular and well received by the critics.
He also found huge success on the international circuit where he has performed to capacity audiences at the Just for Laughs Festival in Montreal and on Just for Laughs tours across Canada. In addition he has performed at the Festival in Montreal and at festival and tour gigs in Paris, Singapore, Sydney, Melbourne, Belgium and New Zealand.
Ed has also performed at the US Comedy Arts Festival (Aspen) and at top comedy clubs in New York and LA. He has made five appearances on NBC’s Late Night With Conan O’Brien.
Ed often appears as a guest on television panel shows including the BBC’s Mock the Week and Have I Got News For You. Furthermore he has been a presenter on such shows as RTE’s Ed Byrne’s Just for Laughs, which ran for four series. He has also made memorable appearances on shows such as the BBC’s Graham Norton’s Bigger Picture and Never mind the Buzzcocks. Ed is also developing a radio show for the BBC.
Ed’s television acting roles include
- “grungy teenager” in the Father Ted Christmas Special
- Aladdin in the ITV/LWT Christmas Day Panto, Aladdin, opposite Patsy Kensit
- Alex in the ITV/LWT sitcom Sam’s Game, with Davina McCall
- Barry Cassidy in the RTE sitcom The Cassidys
- Mickey Moran in BBC’s Doctors
- He has also done voice over work in prominent television ad campaigns.